Earlier I had started moving over posts one at a time; fixing up the links, marking them as ‘originally posted on LJ’, and what-not. I was also being fairly selective and not moving over the crap posts and the memes.
The problem was simple: it was a lot of work. As a result the effort stalled and I kept not getting around to finishing it. So, instead, I just whomped the whole thing over, pretty much willy nilly. I did go through and delete some of the crappier of the crap posts, like when I was reflecting over my Tweets as LJ posts daily. But the rest of it is on here, unmarked as originally from LJ and with links that might go back to LJ or even nowhere in particular. Not perfect, but it is done.
(Another annoying thing about the bulk import: It imported the comments, but made them all anonymous. Not displaying who said what removes a lot of important context to those conversations. I don’t like it, but I am unlikely to try and fix it.) [EDIT: Whoops. Wrong. It looks like it did preserve the user names on most of the comments.] [EDIT 2: Hah! Fixed the ‘unmarked as from LJ’ problem! I renamed ‘Uncatergorized’ to ‘LiveJournal Posts’ and then ran the tool to convert a category into a tag!]
Of course it isn’t really done done. I do want to properly categorize all those LJ posts. But that will take me a while and might require reading each one. The one good thing about doing that is I get a chance to delete the rest of the crap posts and memes and the like.
In the meantime, the spiders that have been crawling this site can go nuts. The rest of you can go back through the archives if you like, there is actually some pretty good writing there!